– Kinross Farms’ has its own feed mill to mix the chicken feed. This enables us to supply the best quality feed to our hens.
– Hens happily eat up to 120 grams/day
– Hens drink approximately a cup of water a day (170mls)
– Hens start laying at 19 weeks old
– Hens lay around 350 eggs in their lives at Kinross Farms
– 2kg of grain can be converted to 1kg worth of eggs
– Stressed chooks don’t lay eggs – Kinross Farms keeps the hens healthy
– Hens like 8-9 hours of darkness every day, just like humans